How does haus.me differ from similar dwelling units?
haus.me is the first ever fully self-sustainable mobile house. It doesn’t require an electric grid, propane, natural gas, firewood or any other fuel. It uses solar energy for heating, cooling and electricity. It works in both hot and cold climates.
- Really Autonomous. All systems run on solar power, so say goodbye to energy bills.
- Mobile. Can be placed anywhere, anytime.
- Complete. Prefabricated and assembled, no construction permits or no onsite work is necessary.
- 100% Ready to Use. Electronics, furniture, and décor – even wine glasses – are included.
- Innovative and Smart. All major systems – including security – can be managed remotely.
- Self-Sustainable. A cloud-based monitoring and central diagnostic system can locate maintenance issues before they manifest.
- Safe. The 3-D composite polymer frame is safe for hurricanes and earthquakes.
- Efficient. haus.me features record-breaking energy efficiency, up to is 20x more than the average American home.
- Nice. haus.me is really nice!
How can I use haus.me?
haus.me can be used as a primary residence, a vacation home, a guest house, studio, or income-producing secondary dwelling – like an Airbnb rental — or as an autonomous hotel unit.
- your home in a dream location (think mountain-top, ocean-front, remote forest),
- for dense neighborhoods (as multi-family housing, an ADU, rental unit, guest home, mother-in-law suite, or studio office)
- for global disaster areas (aid administration, temporary or military housing)
How much will it cost me?
Can I try out haus.me?
Yes! Please schedule a visit to one of our demo units, by clicking on this link. We are responding to an overwhelming number of requests, so your patience is appreciated. In fact, we are probably talking to your neighbor!
What is the manufacturing and delivery time for haus.me?
Can be delivered next day from stock. Fully personalized units manufactured in just 7 weeks on average.
Delivery from our facility in Reno, NV, takes 2-3 weeks (within USA).
I live outside the US. Can I still buy haus.me?
Yes! It is possible to ship an assembled haus.me to any international seaport. Terms depend on local regulations and logistics, so please contact our sales team for details.
What is R value 80?
R value refers to the insulating power of house walls. An R value of 80 is 6 times warmer than US Department of Energy recommendations for the Northern United States and Canada.
How long will haus.me last compared to other homes?
While a timber frame and plywood house is typically guaranteed by the manufacturer for 10-40 years, usually when termites and other bugs, moisture, rot, or mold are not present. haus.me is made of a 3-D polymer composite that is innovative, robust, and safe, and it has a at least a 10 times longer lifetime than homes made with traditional building materials.
Does haus.me come with a warranty?
Yes! haus.me includes the following warranty options:
- Warranty for House Frame & Windows: five years warranty or lifetime warranty.
- Maintenance & Warranty Plan: one year of base warranty & free maintenance for home appliances and décor, including furniture and equipment or ten years of extended warranty & free maintenance
How do I get a permit for haus.me?
We will guide you through the permitting process, from start to finish. In some cases, you won’t need to do a thing. The length of permitting depends on local regulations and can take anywhere from 2 weeks to a few months.
Can I customize my haus.me unit?
Yes! You can customize the exterior color, appliances, and décor of your haus.me
haus.me is made of polymers, but is it safe?
Yes! We only use materials and polymers certified in both the US and Germany.
Can haus.me be used on Airbnb?
Yes! You can control your house remotely. From your phone or computer, you’ll be able to grant entry for your guests, solve maintenance issues, and more!
How does the ordering process work?
- Select and configure your model
- Place reservation with a refundable deposit $2500.
- Our sales team will contact you for permitting, manufacturing and payment details.
- Once your home is complete, we will contact you with delivery details.
- Your home is delivered and installed on your property.
- You celebrate with your family and friends!
What is included in the price?
The price for haus.me includes factory manufacturing (with materials, fixtures, and finishes) and onsite finish work done by our crew.
Please note a delivery, permitting and tax costs are not included in the base price of any unit.
Additional costs include site excavation, foundation construction, utility hook-ups, final painting finishes and any other site improvements like decks, landscaping and driveways.
Your local haus.me sales team can provide further details. Please note: all such prices are subject to change without notice. Additional charges may apply based upon geographic location and site-specific conditions.
What are the additional costs?
Do you offer financing?
Yes! You can finance your haus.me just like you would any other ADU. Many banks offer mobile house loans, however, our banking partners can make borrowing even easier. We also recommend our customers explore financing options with their local banks and other financing businesses.
How do I prepare my site for haus.me?
This list is not inclusive and also depends on your local or state government regulations — but to give you an idea — you will need:
- a zoning permit (we will help)
- some additional local permits, in case you plan to hook up your house to the grid, water or city sewage (we will help)
- your own or rented land, permitted for ADU or residential or mobile house or RV. (ask our sales team for advice!)
- a flat stable surface, covered with gravel or sand
- good weather for installation
Will I save money living in haus.me?
Here’s how you will save money:
- The average energy bill for a small house is $2,400-3,600 per year. With autonomous haus.me, you will use solar energy only. In most cases, it means no energy bill, ever.
- The average maintenance and service cost for a typical house is $2,800-4,200 per year. haus.me requires minimal maintenance — just air and water filter replacement and minimal special services, because it has a self-diagnostic system, connected through the internet to 24/7 cloud service.
- haus.me delivered arrives fully assembled and equipped. In most cases, onsite preparations nor a basement are required. This means a lot of savings, for sure.
You also will save time:
- When ordering haus.me from our stock, we deliver and install it on your property the next day. Imagine the saved months –even years — when comparing this turnaround to designing, permitting, constructing and equipping a regular house!
- How long have you waited for technicians for repair or maintenance? Days, even weeks? Through its self-diagnostic systems, you will be notified and your house will be serviced BEFORE something happens!
- haus.me requires less permits than a typical single family house. Our team will manage the permitting process for you, saving you tons of time!
Can I sell haus.me later?
Yes. haus.me is strong enough to be transported many times without damage. House is not permanently affixed to the ground and can be removed when you decide. In the near future, we plan to incorporate a lease service by which older haus.me models can with replaced by newer ones.
How it works? Is it magic?
How does solar energy power the house?
Does solar energy work in the cold or cloudy weather?
What about in really bad weather?
Yes, solar power works even in critical weather conditions, like extended storms or disasters. haus.me will switch itself to low energy consumption mode to extend battery life for as long as possible.
How long can haus.me run on batteries?
Batteries in haus.me are constantly recharging, and two factors affect battery operation time:
- Outside temperature. A fully-charged 16kWh battery is enough to power your haus.me house for 4 cloudy days at 32’F or for more than one week of cloudy days at 49’F.
- Amount of consumption. If all of your appliances and systems run simultaneously, you will drain your battery in one day. Or you can be economical, and use your energy efficiently.
What if the batteries die?
Can I use traditional hookups for haus.me?
How engineering systems works?
How does plumbing in haus.me work?
Autonomous haus.me has three type of tanks: clear water, grey water, and black water. When the clear water tank is filled from any water source (a well, lake, stream, river, tap or special air-to-water generator), the purification system will render the water potable, 99.9% virus and bacteria free.
Standard haus.me is connected to well or city water. House built-in water quality control system purifies the water to the potable quality.
How does sewage in haus.me work?
How does shower recirculation system work?
haus.me continuously purifies, recirculates and comfort-corrects your shower water to the ideal temperature and pressure. How does it work?
– smart sensors analyze water 20 times per second, disposing of dirty water
– unwanted particles are removed
– cleaned water is recirculated back up to the shower-head
It is an innovative way to save water and energy for immediate impact without compromising the shower experience. In fact, it might be your best shower yet!
How does air quality control work?
The haus.me Smart Air Purification guarantees 99.9% protection from viruses and bacteria and makes air cleaner and more breathable. It features an antibacterial system, HEPA filtration, recuperation, CO2 and humidity control. Air inside haus.me will be of higher quality than some outside environments, even.
How do I maintain haus.me?
haus.me is designed for easy maintenance. We offer maintenance plans that include a yearly service check and the replacement of air and water filters.
Who performs haus.me maintenance?
Once you purchase haus.me, we connect you to our dedicated team of local service partners. Because all haus.me parts are available via Amazon.com, repairs can often be made quickly and easily.
Is haus.me safe?
Is haus.me hurricane and earthquake proof?
haus.me polymer composite frame is strong enough to provide hurricane and earthquake extra resistance. For additional support units can be anchored to the foundation or the ground.
With so many windows, is haus.me secure?
Our patented windows are 6 layers of tempered glass. They are virtually unbreakable (bullets excluded).
Is haus.me safe from fires?
haus.me is designed to comply to Occupational Safety and Health Act standards or regulations. Refer to Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations.